Q. How often should I have my machine serviced?
Q. What do I bring when having my machine serviced?
- Foot Pedal
- Power Cord
- Bobbin and Bobbin Case
- Foot #1
Q. How long will my machine be at The Cotton Cupboard for service?
A few tips to keeping your machine running smoothly between services.
- Change your needle every three bobbins (about every 8 hours or sewing)
- Be sure not to pull your top thread back through the machine. Cut it at the spool and with your pressure foot lifted pull the thread through the needle.
- Remove your stitch plate, bobbin, and bobbin case and clean around that area with soft brush or Q-Tip. This should be done at least after every project. More often if using a fleece or flannel fabric.
DO NOT USE CANNED AIR TO BLOW OUT THE DUST!!!
- Oil Sparingly - Refer to your owner's manual for instruction as to how often and where your machine needs oil.
- Always use a surge protector for you machine
- When not using your machine keep it covered with a dust cover.